Friday, August 15, 2014

SOAP-Philippians #3

"Imitating Christ's Humility"

S

Philippians 2:2
"Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose."

 O

Paul is asking the believers to love one another and to be united. He is encouraging them to get along and to work together for the same goal, living for Jesus.

A

It's easy to let little disagreements or attitudes become barriers that cause division between us as believers. We think that things have to be done our way to be right. But Paul is encouraging the believers to put aside their preferences and be united. We need to remember that we all ultimately have the same end goal, we want to reach people with Jesus' love so that they can live together with Him forever in heaven. In order to do that, we have to be unified, with the same mindset and love for one another and for others and work together toward that goal.

P

Dear Jesus, I know that I have often let my preferences or the traditions I learned as a child to become a barrier to reaching out and being unified with other believers in doing what you have called me to do. Lord, help me to put my selfish thoughts and desires aside and focus on the purpose you have for me. Help me to focus my energy and attention on being unified and working together with other believers so that together we can reach lost people with your love.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment