Friday, August 29, 2014

Seeing is believing.

This is the continuation of the story in Acts 3 where Peter and John heal the crippled beggar. The people in the temple courts saw the man walking and praising God and they recognized him. They were amazed at what had happened and they went to see Peter and John.

S

Acts 3:16
By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.

O

Because the healed man was someone the people all knew, they paid attention. They had seen him sitting and begging at the gate all those days. They knew what his struggles were. So, when he was healed, it got the people's attention. Then, Peter had the opportunity to share Jesus with everyone there because they had a tangible example of what God can do. Because Peter and John reached out and met the needs of one, many were reached with the gospel.

A

 I can't save the whole world, but I can reach one at a time. And through that one, the people around them can have an opportunity to hear about Jesus and to experience God's love. I need to be looking for the ONE I can reach and be ready to give God the glory when He brings the healing.

P

Heavenly Father, Thank you for using other people to bless my life and to show me your love. Thank you for the practical ways you have shown your power in the lives of the people around me so I could learn more about you. Thank you for putting people in my life who are quick to turn the glory toard you and what you can do.
Often, I look around and see so many people with so many problems that it seems overwhelming. So, instead of helping someone you placed in front of me, I do nothing. Help me to open my eyes and see the ONE you want me to help. Help me to remember that by reaching out and helping the one, all those surrounding that person will see your power and your love as well. Lord, let me always be quick to turn the glory over to you. With you, I can do nothing.
In Jesus' Name, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment